Friday, September 26, 2008

Cirque Du Laundry

Last night Andy and I went to see the Cirque Du Soleil show Saltimbanco at the Target Center with our friends Kari & Lonny. We had a nice dinner and some drinks downtown at Zelo and then headed to the show. WE LOVE IT! We have see Cirque several times, both here and in Vegas, but our friends were Cirque virgins so it was fun to get their opinions and take on the show. I do have to say, sadly, that it was our least favorite show we have seen, but spectacular none the less. Two funny things, ok, a lot of funny things happened, but I will only share 2... I ran into a dance parent after having a few drinks - never a good time. She seemed to be in a similar state of wine induced happiness, which I was thankful for. I also had to shove my camera down my pants to get it after being turned away at the door with it. Let's just say that my pants were none too big and that there were several moments where I couldn't breath and I looked like I had an alien baby in my tummy.


Group Self-Portrait in the Elevator
Not my best shot, I know, but it really captures the evening....

Today we did LAUNDRY LAUNDRY LAUNDRY. I always get so overwhelmed with clothes when the seasons change. I feel like between washing summer stuff to get it put away and washing new fall stuff, that I am up to my eyeballs in laundry. I am officially done. Bins are in the basement and all new clothes are washed and ready to be worn. Let's hope there is no more super hot weather because I am NOT digging in those bins - they are ancient history.

The girls on one of the bins I loaded up today...

Today we also met my mom and dad for dinner at The Texas Roadhouse. It was super good and they did not disappoint with their cheesy theme song and line dancing that my kids love.

All in all a great weekend and a busy week ahead! I have decided that getting my kids and all their stuff ready for us to be gone is harder then packing for myself......

2 comments:

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Looks like fun! The Cirque part...not the laundry. I need to have someone come over for me and do that!

Melyssa said...

That is one show I haven't seen yet. I hear they are pretty cool. I hate doing laundry. It is the one household chore that I want Rich to do... because I hate the put away part. I have one basket of stuff to store away that is Lylah's and I still need to do Daynes. I need to follow your example and just get it done!