Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Two Firsts

Today two major things happened. Okay one VERY major and another more fun then major, but both firsts none the less.

MY NEPHEW PARKER STARTED KINDERGARTEN! What? I called him last night to tell him good luck and it was all I could do to keep it together. I can't even imagine what my sister went through. What a bitter sweet moment for her. I still remember the day he was born and how I was in Chicago and it almost killed me not to be there. I never thought the day would come that he would get on a bus and head off to school. As strange as it is, I know 2 things for sure - he is going to do so awesome and that his aunt and uncle are VERY proud of him.
**Photos will go here as soon as I get one from my sister - you will have to check back to see the little stud muffin on his first day**

In other first news today, MARIA GOT HER 1st HAIRCUT! She was starting to get quite an impressive mullet in the back. That combined with the not so impressive growth on top made for what Andy calls "Ben Franklin" hair. Needless to say we needed to put an end to that sooner rather then later. She did really well. Julia went first so I think that helped some. Maria got a little antsy after sitting there for a couple minutes, but over all a painless experience for her and me.


1 comment:

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Aww...Maria looks so cute with her wispies cut off....And the Parker thing...seriously, him and Bailey both. Makes me feel pretty old these days. But also a little excited about what our kids are going to grow up to be.