Wednesday, October 1, 2008

First Field Trip Freenzy

Today we went to Lendt's Pumpkin Patch with Julia's preschool class. Her first field trip and her first bus ride. It's been quite a day! We took a hayride - not exactly sure how much hay Maria consumed - whoops! - and we got to pick Indian corn too. To say I had my hands full is a major understatement. Maria is not walking yet and strollers were obviously not an option, so I was carrying around a 25 pound kid and holding the other's hand while trying to navigate a pumpkin patch and a corn field. I thought my arms were going to fall off. Note to self, don't try that again. Despite the intense arm workout, we had a lot of fun! Julia loved picking a pumpkin and found one for Maria too - only small ones, I had to carry those too - and the corn. (I promised her she could pick out a big one when we went this weekend to the apple orchard with her daddy....) We had a nice picnic lunch and took some cute pictures and then headed out - both the girls were asleep before we hit the highway - always the sign of a good outing!


Jules in the corn field




2 comments:

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Looks like fun...although your arms look relieved in that picture!! Looks like a cute place too!

Melyssa said...

Isn't that a nice place. We went there this last weekend. I like all the cut outs. What is nice is it isn't all spread out. What a new first field trip!