Sunday, December 21, 2008

Winter Wonderland

So we spent the last weekend before Christmas shopping and partying. Not to shabby, eh? Friday night we took the girls to the mall and out to dinner to celebrate the completion of another year of holiday dance shows. I have never been happier to be done. I think all the shows combined with Julia having a bunch of concerts and programs for the first time was just more then I could handle. I was exhausted before they were even half over. I am already trying to plan differently for next year. Maybe rent a place and combine some centers and have all my daycares on the same night? I am getting to old to pack 15 different recitals into one week.
Saturday night we had a progressive party with some friends, complete with ugly Christmas sweater contest. We had a few people who couldn't make it, either their children or their parents were ill, but the smaller crowd had a blast and still managed to get pretty rowdy. Andy and I wore VERY ugly sweaters and there were a few other doosies. We went from house to house in the freezing cold but after the first house none of us were feeling much, if you know what I mean. Julia and Maria got to sleep over at grandma and grandpa's and they were soooo excited! Thanks for babysitting mom and dad!
Why yes, my sweater does depict the 12 Days of Christmas in sequins.....

That my friends, is my attractive husband is a very unattractive sweater

Today we just hung around and then celebrated Christmas with some of our best friends. We watched the Vikings fumble the ball a few times and had pizza and opened presents. It was super fun. I spent this evening wrapping gifts after they left. I am done wrapping for Maria, but still have Julia to do. I have really struggled with gifts for Maria because I feel like we already have everything for her age, and she just wants whatever Julia has so I am reluctant to buy stuff to have it not get used. Never fear though, she will have plenty under the tree. I did better this year in the "don't go overboard" mantra that I like to spout in October, but still could use some improvement. Julia's pile is just plain obnoxious, but we have decided to hold a few things over until her birthday.

Maria & her boyfriend Jared after we opened presents

Did I mention that is has been snowing all weekend and the temperature is so cold that you can barely breath outside. Good times. Here is Julia all bundled up before it became to cold to play outside.

1 comment:

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Looks like your sweater pictures turned out nicely! I like your proud stance...would that be 8 maids a milkin or 11 lords a leapin? Not sure...Andy's was comical!