Sunday, October 5, 2008

Weekend Recap

Here is a quick weekend recap because frankly, I don't have time to do much more. So much to do, so little time.... I keep telling myself that it will all be worth it when Andy and I are having some much needed away time next week in the Mediterranean. Um, yeah, the freaking Mediterranean. To say we are excited would be the biggest understatement EVER. Friday will be here before we know it and after we say goodbye to the girls, I know I am going to cry, we will be off for a week of fun, relaxation, friends, and new places to explore!
Friday
Friday I hosted the neighborhood Mom's Club Ladies Night at my house. After a very long absence, I am back and having so much fun! We played Keno and I didn't win a darn thing but I think everyone had fun, well most everyone, and we had a huge group! Thanks for coming ladies! Andy took a group picture of us but it didn't turn out so I am not going to try and post it. Trust me, we are a good looking group of suburban mommies!
Saturday
We went to the Pine Tree Apple Orchard. It was a GORGEOUS day and we had so much fun on the hay ride, in the pumpkin patch, and eating treats. It was a little crazy but well worth the trip. We got a new camera and I got to try it out. Even just on the auto setting the pictures are awesome! Saturday night we went to a birthday party at Pump It Up and Julia was so excited and had a blast. Even Maria was in on the jumping action! Happy Birthday Mac & Tess!





Sunday
Today Julia and my niece Molly got presented their bibles in church. All three year olds get one and Julia is very excited about it. We have been trying really hard to get to church and she is enjoying Sunday school. I am not of the opinion that you need to have your butt in a pew once a week to be a Christian, but we are trying non the less. After we met my mom and dad and sister and niece and nephew for breakfast. While I was at church, Andy was running the TWIN CITIES MARATHON! In the pouring rain. Yes, I speak the truth. He is totally crazy. He did it and did awesome and I am so proud of him. He is a little sore, but doing great. I am thinking about joining him next year. Ha! JUST KIDDING! That will never happen! Way to go Andy! (I have no pictures of the marathon because I was doing the church bible thing - but we were there in spirit!)
Julia & Molly with their bibles at Perkins after church
Have a great week everybody!

2 comments:

Emily said...

1- I am just a TAD jealous that you are going to the Mediterranean at the end of the week. Where are you going and for how long?

2- I love all of the pictures of your girls! They are such cuties- and I love how in so many pictures part of their outfits match. :)

Have a great vacation!

Melyssa said...

Wasn't Saturday a beautiful day to be outside. We ended up painting our garage- fun fun fun. The orchard would have been 100% better to spend the day. Too bad sunday was rainy for the marathon. But that is so great Andy did it! Have a great trip! I am jealous- I will have parent/teacher conferences while you are gone...