Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend - Part 2

So, Saturday we spent the day organizing, cleaning up and cleaning out. There is a clearance sale at the Hansell's and EVERYTHING must go! We have so much crap that Andy and I, together because otherwise it wouldn't work, have made a commitment to de-clutter our house. I know it won't happen overnight, but one room at a time we are getting rid of whatever we don't need right now or in the immediate future. It is hard letting go of some things, but when the box is covered in dust or has not been opened since you received it at your wedding 6+ years ago, it is time to let it go...
Saturday night we got a sitter and went to dinner at Big Bowl and saw Four Christmases with a group of friends. Andy and I both really liked the movie. There were some laugh-out-loud parts and it was nice to get out without the kids after a very family orientated weekend. We love the family time but need some alone time too....
Today we started what I hope becomes a yearly tradition. We went to my parents for a great breakfast and then spent the day making Christmas cookies. We attempted to make my late Grandma's recipe, but like most things, no one does it like Grandma. They are good but nothing like when her and my Grandpa did it. I know they were watching today getting a good laugh.... The kids had a blast playing and "helping" and eating. The perfect finish to a perfect holiday weekend. Hope everyone else had as much family, food, and fun as we did!

Enjoying waffles and pancakes and bacon and.....
Grandma & Maria


Parker and Jules doing a little measuring

Maria & Mommy

All this baking is making my hungry!

Following the leader....

2 comments:

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Looks like a fun tradition, and your Mom's new kitchen looks great!

Melyssa said...

What a fun day! I have memories of doing the same thing with my grandma on my dad's side. The best part of the Christmas season are all these great memories we are creating with the kids!