Monday, November 24, 2008

Turkey Talk


So we have been talking a lot about Thanksgiving around these parts the last week or two and it has been the topic of learning at Julia's preschool. I am pleased/proud/emtional/exstatic that Julia proclaims to be thankful for Mommy, Daddy, & Maria on an every time asked basis along with a host of others thrown in there every now and then. (Grandparents, aunts & uncles, Parker, Molly and Kendall - and a little boy named Zachery from her daycare. Is that really starting already?) I struggle with how to convey to a three-year-old just how thankful her Mommy is for HER. She doesn't understand "You are my dream come true" or "You've made my life better" so I am settling for I love you sooooo much. Doesn't seem to do the feeling justice, but I know she knows, in her 3 year-old way, that Andy and I are so thankful for her and her sister.
On a lighter note, Julia's preschool teacher asked her "How do you cook a turkey?" and this was her response:
"Stuff the turkey with pizza, put chocolate sprinkles on top, cook turkey in the oven at 9 degrees for 5 years."
That made me laugh so hard. They printed all the kid's answers and they were all pretty cute. Below is some pictures of all the turkey themed art work that has been coming home. We are really looking forward to Thursday and are very aware of all we have to be thankful for.
Maria's Hand Print Turkey

Julia's Foot & Hand Print Turkey

No comments: