Friday, August 22, 2008

Squeeze It All In... (and I am not talking about pants of any kind)

So the summer's end is quickly approaching and I find myself trying to squeeze in one more of everything. Last chance to go the zoo, the beach, the pool, and any other outdoor, warm weather activity. I actually enjoy living somewhere where the weather changes - I like getting new clothes a couple times a year, the fact that my children go sledding in the snow and then a few months later are frolicking at the beach. It keeps things interesting and although I might grumble a bit when it hits -25 or 95 degrees, I wouldn't change it for the world. So, in that spirit, and before we break out the snow pants and mittens, we have had a busy week, and only 2 more to go before I head back to work...
In other news.... we had a bit of a breakthrough at the pool Monday... Julia jumped in all by herself, submerged her head in water, and didn't scream bloody murder! Seriously, this summer, every time we have been at the pool, she is practically ripping my swimsuit off trying to hang on to me and it is not a good thing for me or anyone watching. Monday I was not allowed to touch her as she swam free (in her swim vest though...) all over the pool. It made me so excited. I always felt so bad when all the other kids jumped in and swam and she was hanging on to the edge for dear life. We start swimming lessons back up in a couple weeks and it couldn't be better timing.

Ready! Set! Jump!

Wednesday Julia, Maria and I took a trek to the Minnesota Zoo with two of my friends and their kids! We had so much fun despite the heat and incredible number of field trip groups. It was extra fun because for the first time, Maria was really having fun looking at the animals. Some highlights were the camels, grizzly bears, sea otters, and oddly, the little prairie dogs. Apparently one of the dolphins is preggo so we didn't get to see them, much to Julia's dismay, and the zebras and giraffes are visiting another zoo, also disappointing. Over all the kids were well good and it was a super fun day with really great friends!

Hey Mom! Look! It's a Sea Otter!
Camels are silly!
The Pack of Wild Animals

Yesterday we had a park day and today I went shopping with a girlfriend. Tonight we celebrated Andy's birthday. Whew, what a crazy week!

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Wow! You are not kidding...You have had a busy week! I will get the Jules pics to you soon. Sorry. Our laptop does funny stuff up here. Looks like you all had a great time!