Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Nose for Naughtiness

Today we had our first foreign object up the nose incident. The girls and I went to dinner with a friend and her kids, and Julia decided to take one macaroni noodle and one corn kernel and shove them up her left nostril. It was quite the fiasco. I did manage to get them out with my fingernail (gross!) but not before giving her a bloody nose. I am sure the people sitting next to us enjoyed the show as they tried to eat their supper. Poor people. And this was after Maria decided to do some crazy macaroni and corn abstract art on the table and floor as the kids laughed her on.... I have gotten to the point now though where I just laugh it off. What else can you do? I am hopeful that Julia learned her lesson and her nostrils will be object free for the remainder of her life but I think I still have quite a few abstract food mater pieces in my future :)

In other news, I bought a bouncy castle today! Impulse purchase from the clearance section, but I can already tell we will get our money's worth out of it. We had a little impromptu jump fest with some of the neighbor friends, fun though short lived- notice threatening skies in photos, and I think my niece and nephew are coming over this week to check it out.
Kendall, Maren, Julia, Bailey & Ethan

Hope you bounce on through the rest of your week!

1 comment:

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Cute! I like the Pink background!!! Wish I could use a fun one like that!