Saturday, May 23, 2009

Memorial Memories

Last weekend was too crazy to do any blogging (three birthday parties in one day, just to give to an idea....) so I am just moving ahead to this weekend. Friday we took the girls to Como Zoo and had a much needed family day. It was soooo fun! The girls loved the animals and the rides and they were so good. It really was a wonderful way to spend the afternoon.
Julia on the Frog Hopper

Maria and I on the Train - that is Julia on the right side on the caboose.

They LOVE riding together in the cars.

Jules on the fire truck

Maria liked the giraffe statues better then the actual giraffes - strange. The highlight of the actual zoo part was the baby orangutan. He was SOOOOO cute!

Friday night my friend Kari and I had to rhinestone our costumes for our upcoming dance recital. (No, that is not a typo - I am going to be in a recital, in a costume, am I mad?) Anyways, we took the kids to dinner and then settled in for a long night of gluing, only the wine got the better of us and we both ended up ditching the rhinestoning in favor of some good old fashioned laughter, complete with an 80's danceline costume fashion show. Needless to say we both had a major headache in the morning.

Kari and I in our sweet 80's costumes...
Saturday we headed to our friends Jim and Ellie's house. The live on Lake Minnetonka and invited us over for some boating and fun. We had a great time but Maria didn't get a nap so it was a little touch and go. Julia's favorite part was that their boat has a bathroom on it. I am not kidding. Maria loved their dog and I loved seeing all the CRAZY big houses when we went out on the boat. It was awesome! Thanks for such a fun day guys. (I have no pictures because I was trying to keep the girls from doing any damage - they don't have kids - and keeping them out of the water - brrrrrr!)

Sunday we bought Maria a new bedroom set. Holy crap. I guess she really isn't a baby anymore. It won't be here until August so that gives me some time to mentally prepare...... Sunday my parents came to babysit and Andy and I went out to celebrate our 7Th wedding anniversary. Whoa. That is a long time. And we are going stronger then ever. Love you babe.
Monday Andy got to golf and I took the girls to breakfast with my mom. We then had some friends over for a very casual BBQ and then I had dance pictures for the above mentioned dance class. Better break out the spanx.........

All in all, a wonderful weekend filled with the things I love the best, family and friends!

2 comments:

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Your costumes are rockin awesome!

Melyssa said...

Wow what a weekend you had! Looks like lots of fun. We are getting set to get Lylah a big girl bed-- can't believe it is that time already!