Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year's Eve

For New Year's Eve this year we do what we always do - spend it with some of our closest friends, going out to dinner and then holing up at some one's house for the evening. We always go to the same restaurant and it was great again this year. After, the kids played and we watched a slide show of our trip we took in October that our friend put together and drank the wine we brought home with us. If you tuned out the kids and just watched the pictures go by as you drank your wine you could almost feel yourself back there. Almost. It gave us the bug to start planning the next trip. We have some fun things up our sleeves.....

As for resolutions, I only have one.

WORRY LESS, ENJOY MORE.

Worry less about money and appearances, enjoy my children and husband more. Worry less about my weight and my need-to-be-dyed roots, enjoy my friends and family more. Worry less about about the laundry and the mess everywhere, enjoy the time I spend coloring and playing dollhouse more. Worry less about what doesn't really matter, enjoy the things and people that do.

Our family at dinner

The girls partying


The Whole Gang

Maria, Ethan, Julia, Kendall, Jared, Bailey, & Maren

1 comment:

Melyssa said...

Great thoughts on your blog! I totally agree with the statement Worry Less, Enjoy More! That is one that I have to remember too!

Looks like your new years was fun! See you soon!