Sunday, January 18, 2009

Congrats Kelly & Clive!


Mrs. & Mr. Clive Lankwarden

We are back from our weekend in New Orleans and we had a blast! The wedding was amazing and Kelly was a beautiful bride. We found New Orleans to be a challenge with kids. The Big Easy was not so easy for us. Nothing could dampen the weekend though of family and fun events! It would be a mile long post to list all the happenings so here are a few highlights...
**MORE PICTURES TO FOLLOW** I didn't take many because Andy and I always had our hands full but I have already had several people send me some - I just need to get them downloaded so stay tuned...Julia and Maria in their dresses was unbearably cute!
Top 5 Memorable Moments
5. My crazy dance-a-holic children who single handily kept the dance party going for awhile. THEY WOULD NOT STOP. Not to eat, not to rest, if the band was playing they were dancing. Even Maria was getting her groove on and would clap at the end of every song.
4. Seeing the crews from Cali, Boston, Ohio, and St. Louis. We love spending time with them but it is few and far between so it was so nice to catch up. We even talked about our summer vacation - I smell a beach house in Delaware...score!
3. Meeting a ton of people we have heard so much about but have never gotten to know. There were people there from all over the country and it was nice to put a face to so many of the names.
2. Being there to help celebrate with my sister-in-law as she and her new husband start the first chapter of their life together. We are so happy for them, happy to have Clive join the family, and happy to have been part of such a wonderful event.
1. My daughter as the flower girl. She looked so beautiful and walked down the aisle like she owned the place. Not a moments hesitation or nervous glance - I was stunned speechless and it was one of my prouder moments.

Top 5 We Will Laugh About it Someday Moments
5. There were no high chairs and no kids menus. No milk and no kid cups. It is actually like they are under the illusion that people come out of the womb ready to consume massive amounts of liquor and stare at naked ladies all day. I knew it was not a "kid town" but holy cow!
4. I never in my life thought I would eat at somewhere called the Sugar Shack (and it isn't called that because it is a candy store...) with my husband, 2 children and mother-in-law.....
3. I am confident that if I lived in New Orleans I would be VERY skinny. I do not eat seafood - of any kind - and that is basically what they have there. I know this is my own fault for being picky...
2. Cocktail party + toddlers = disaster for mommy and daddy
1. Toddlers in white flower girl dresses + promised M&Ms for walking down the aisle = no longer white dresses...

All in all it was a great trip! We had tons of fun, had a few laughs at our own expense, and gained a brother-in-law. It doesn't get any better.....

1 comment:

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Ha! I love the white dresses with M&M's...thank goodness for drycleaning!

Looks like a great time. The bride and groom are so adorable!