Sunday, January 11, 2009

My new favorite thing....

is drinking beer. Now, I am not saying that to be funny. (Well, I am kind of...) We went Saturday night to the Vatican Splendors exhibit at the Minnesota Historical Society in St. Paul (which was great - especially having been at the Vatican in Rome in October. I would say go see it but this was the last weekend - and it has nothing to do with the beer...) and after went to the place called the Blue Door Pub, where I had my first beer in a VERY long time. (Okay, first several beers...) Maybe since college? I am more of a wine gal but this place got me in the beer mood. It was awesome! Hole-in-the-wall dining at it's finest. They had a list of juicy "blucys" a mile long, deep fried tater tots and beer battered green beans. A few brave, and in my opinion deranged, soles even tried the SPAM bites. The booths has chalk board walls, which we made good use of, and the service was outstanding. We waited a long time for a table, clearly others love it too, but well worth the wait. And, the company we were in wasn't half bad either, wink wink. Thanks for the great night guys and the great find R!


No comments: