Monday, July 20, 2009

First Half of Summer is Gone? Whoa.

I have been MIA on the blog for over a month. Just too many fun things going on to sit at the computer. We just got back from several days in Park Rapids with my family, those posts to come - the pictures aren't even off the camera yet - and have some other fun things on the calendar. We are hoping we have better weather for the second half of summer... Here is a quick recap of some of our summer highlights this far. Lots of stuff didn't make it on here, but in the interest of catching up, this is what I could get done in one sitting. I am hoping to stay better on top of things, but let's be real, you will probably be seeing one of these monster posts again in a few weeks. Hope everyone is having a great summer!
Strawberry Picking
We went strawberry picking this year with our friends and it was so much fun! I was very worried about Maria and she did great! Julia filled her bucket all by herself and did a great job finding the red ones. Maria liked me to hand them to her and she put them in the bucket. She had a hard time getting them off with out squishing them. I got some great pictures too. Super fun day!

Berry Berry Cute!

Notice Maria's red little fingers from some strawberry squishing...

Jules showing off a good one

Look at the concentration


4th Of July
We had a very low key fourth weekend this year. Just hanging around, had a BBQ with some friends, went to the beach, had dinner with Andy's mom and saw fireworks from the park by our house. It was very fun and very relaxed, which I think is exactly what we needed. I loved the dresses the girls had on too. They looked so cute!

Our Little Firecrackers

4 comments:

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Glad that you had a great 4th!!! Ours on the other hand was a day from Hell in a small town in Virginia with no fireworks going on!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

I thought the berry picking was on a different one...that looks really fun. Sounds like I have missed most of the fun summer activities!

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

That was not to be anonymous....don't know why it was...that was me...

Melyssa said...

We enjoyed strawberry picking too! Maria was just like Lylah- loved eating a few. Glad you had a wonderful 4th too! =)