Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Birthday Bonanza!

This weekend we had the girls "friend" birthday party. It was a Princess and Pirate theme. There were 37 kids there, 2 bouncy castles, a face painter, and a cotton candy machine. Yes, I am aware that I am totally crazy. In a nut shell, my kids had a blast and so did all of their friends. I think all the adults had fun too! Thanks to all who helped - couldn't have done it without you, and thanks for all the gifts. I am not sure where I am going to put all of them, but the girls are in heaven. Next year maybe I will tone it down a bit, but probably not. I love birthdays and I love my two little princesses!

My friend Kari made then each a little cake with princess jewels all over them. They loved them!

I don't have many pictures of Julia because she rarely came out of the giant princess bouncer. It even had a big slide off the side of it!

Maria in the little bouncer for her 2 and under friends!

A shot from the deck of half the backyard.

Princess Maria and Daddy

Jules and Molly heading into the bouncer AGAIN! We definitely got our moneys worth out of that thing!

Maria getting her face painted. She picked Elmo!


On Saturday night, we went to my mother-in-laws birthday party at Karen & Jim's house. It was a super nice party and we had a ton of fun! My sister-in-law and brother-in-law were there from Chicago so we were all really excited to see them too! We got to go to lunch with them on Sunday before they went home. We are hoping to get to Chicago again this summer for a visit. We miss them a ton! All in all a wonderful evening for a wonderful person. Thanks Karen and Jim and Happy Birthday Pat!

Grandma Pat and Julia and Maria

The Hansell/Lankwarden Family
(No, my brother-in-law doesn't normally look like that but I am working on getting it photo shopped - it was the best one on the whole...)

Sunday some of the mom's from my dance class went to dinner and then to the Larkin dance recital. (Huge local dance studio that is amazing.) It was so much fun and entertaining. Nice to go out with the girls and nice to see such incredible performances with people who appreciate it just as much as I do. It was the perfect ending to the weekend.
This week is DANCE RECITAL MANIA! We have something dance related every night this week and weekend. Watch for more on that after the weekend. Keep your fingers crossed that both of the girls have fun! Julia will be great, but this is Maria's first time on stage so we will see how that goes.....

1 comment:

Eyeglasses & Endzones said...

Your pics turned out great! What a fun time for all of them for sure! The presents could get a little hairy...maybe an addition to the house!!! LOL.

The rest of the weekend sounded lovely also...DANCE DANCE DANCE!!!